Renew!

Lord, you are just and pure
You turn away your face from iniquity.
Lord, you seek the meek and lowly
Who rely only on you.
But in my flesh dwells no good thing
In my own strength I fail forever
Lord, mortify its deeds by your Spirit
And set me free to worship you.

The entanglements I've been in are the idols that enslave
The choices that I've failed in are the chains that ensnare
Almighty Jesus, speak just a word and your servant will be free
Break now my chains by the power of your cross.

Even now does the whole creation writhe in agony
For the deliverance that comes only from you.
The first man brought sin and death to be our masters.
But, Lord you came to cancel their rulership
And emancipate us by the power of your resurrection.

You came in flesh, Lord and took death into your bosom
You triumphed over sin in life,
You vanquished death by your Spirit of holiness
You ascended in glory and sent us the same Spirit
To help us live this life wholly for you.

Oh Lord, to whom true mercy belongs,
You forgave me when my life was a mess
So, help me now to reign in life by your Spirit.
Let not the passions of the moment delude me
Neither let the thoughts of the world confuse me.
Let your righteousness, peace, and joy rule my mind
And my life conform to the rule of heaven.

May I have the wisdom to choose what you want me to choose
May I have the discernment to separate the truth from the lie
May I have the courage to do only that which pleases you
And fix my heart and mind on your cross, on your glory.

Teach me your ways, O Lord, light my paths.
Deep darkness rules over the earth, and my soul stumbles so often.
But your candle burns steadily in my soul; strengthen me by your Spirit.
Forgive me my iniquities.
The promises I make are the promises I break.
But my soul holds on to you.
I love you, Lord, who alone is my salvation.

The frustrations of the moment I bring to you,
The cares of the present I roll on you.
Now, my spirit rejoices in your salvation.
The heavens may pass away in mighty roar and thunder,
The earth may melt like wax in the fire,
But your righteousness, O Lord, is eternal as you
And your mercies endure forever.


Copyright © August 2009 by Domenic Marbaniang

No comments :

Post a Comment