Waiting on the Lord - Sermon Outline
1. STRENGTH THROUGH WAITING. PSALM 27:14; ISAIAH 40:31
Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD! (Psa 27:14 NKJ)
But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. (Isa 40:31 NKJ)
- If you're growing weaker; it means you have not been waiting.
- If you're afraid; it means you have not been waiting.
- If you're becoming weary; it means you have not been waiting.
Do not say, "I will recompense evil"; Wait for the LORD, and He will save you. (Pro 20:22 NKJ)
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For the salvation of the LORD. (Lam 3:25-26 NKJ)
- If we try to hurry things; we end up aborting things.
- If we are not experiencing the goodness of God, we have not been seeking Him.
- If we are not quietly resting and hoping in Him, He can't save us.
For evildoers shall be cut off; But those who wait on the LORD, They shall inherit the earth. (Psa 37:9 NKJ)
Wait on the LORD, And keep His way, And He shall exalt you to inherit the land; When the wicked are cut off, you shall see it. (Psa 37:34 NKJ)
- Those who wait on the Lord walk in the path of righteousness.
- Those who wait on the Lord inherit the earth.
- Those who wait on the Lord hold on to God's way and to His word. They are exalted.