14 Qualities of Friendship According to Jesus

Text: John 15:9-17

Friendship is God-ordained. It proceeds from God the Father – “as the Father loved me, I also loved you” (John 15:9)
Friendship is Christ-patterned. He is the one true example of a True Friend – “as I have loved you…” (John 15:9)
Friendship is a Sacred Tie/Bond. “keep my commandments” (John 15:10)
Friendship is a Choice to Love despite everything. “abide in My love… love one another as I have loved you.” (John 15:9,12)
Friendship is a Cup brimming with Divine Joy. “that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full.” (John 15:11)
Friendship is Self-less and Sacrificial - “to lay down one’s life for his friends” (John 15:13).
Friendship is Transparent and not diplomatic or formal. “No longer do I call you servants,… but,… friends…” (John 15:15)
Friendship is Sharing. “all things I have made known to you” (John 15:15)
Friendship is Proactive. “I chose you” (John 15:16) (John 15:cf. Prov. 18:24)
Friendship is Benevolent and Good Intentional. It wants friends to grow and prosper. “that you should go and bear fruit” (John 15:16).
Friendship is Fruitful. It brings friendly consequences and contributes to the friendship constructively – “that you should go and bear fruit” (John 15:16)
Friendship is Lasting. “that your fruit should remain” (John 15:16)
Friendship is Mutually Responsive. “You do whatever I command… Whatever you ask… He may give you.” (John 15:14,16)
Friendship is Mutually Caring.  “that you love one another” (John 15:17)

No comments :

Post a Comment