Doubt Vs Trust

Doubt has single-handedly destroyed many families, friendships, and futures of people in the world. But, what is doubt?

Doubt is a thought. It is a hypothetical thought that uses expressive forms such as “May be”, “Perhaps”, “Suppose”, “Seems like”. Doubt casts a dark cloud of suspicion on the mind of a person against truth. Slowly things begin to look darker by the influence of this cloud. Everything begins to look different and supportive of the doubtful thought. Supportive evidences seem to flock around the suspicious idea in the same way that birds of the same feather flock together. The problem becomes vicious when one actually nurtures a deep grudge, fear, or anger. Then, thoughts turn villainous.

Doubt is the enemy of trust. Where doubt enters, trust quivers. But, where trust takes a willful stand, doubt can find no entry point. Therefore, the believer confesses again and again: ‘I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.”’ (Psa 91:2)

Trust is a relationship of love. One has to love the truth in order to be able to trust in the truth. Trust is a commitment. It is faith in personal relation. How do we know blind faith from true faith? Jesus said, that one knows a tree by its fruits; a good tree cannot bear bad fruit and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit (Matt.7:17,18). God is the Good Tree who always bears good fruit. Therefore, the Psalmist sings aloud "Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!" (Psa 34:8) When one trusts in God, there is light and no place for the darkness of doubt. When one trusts in the Lord with all one's heart, there is relationship and love. Doubt only destroys people. But, trust only builds and edifies always. Trust in the Lord is a powerful foundation that will endure forever. "Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion, which cannot be moved, but abides forever." (Psa 125:1)


Scriptures on Trusting the Lord

As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. (2Sa 22:31)

Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, And put your trust in the LORD. (Psa 4:5)

O LORD my God, in You I put my trust; Save me from all those who persecute me; And deliver me, (Psa 7:1)

And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You. (Psa 9:10)

In the LORD I put my trust; How can you say to my soul, "Flee as a bird to your mountain"? (Psa 11:1)

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. (Psa 18:2)

As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him. (Psa 18:30)

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the LORD our God. (Psa 20:7)

In You, O LORD, I put my trust; Let me never be ashamed; Deliver me in Your righteousness. (Psa 31:1)

But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." (Psa 31:14)

The LORD redeems the soul of His servants, And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned. (Psa 34:22)

Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. (Psa 37:3)

Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass. (Psa 37:5)

And the LORD shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, And save them, Because they trust in Him. (Psa 37:40)

He has put a new song in my mouth; Praise to our God; Many will see it and fear, And will trust in the LORD. (Psa 40:3)

Blessed is that man who makes the LORD his trust, And does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies. (Psa 40:4)

The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and trust in Him. And all the upright in heart shall glory. (Psa 64:10)

In You, O LORD, I put my trust; Let me never be put to shame. (Psa 71:1)

For You are my hope, O Lord GOD; You are my trust from my youth. (Psa 71:5)

But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord GOD, That I may declare all Your works. (Psa 73:28)

I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust." (Psa 91:2)

O Israel, trust in the LORD; He is their help and their shield. (Psa 115:9)

O house of Aaron, trust in the LORD; He is their help and their shield. (Psa 115:10)

You who fear the LORD, trust in the LORD; He is their help and their shield. (Psa 115:11)

It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in man. (Psa 118:8)

It is better to trust in the LORD Than to put confidence in princes. (Psa 118:9)

Those who trust in the LORD Are like Mount Zion, Which cannot be moved, but abides forever. (Psa 125:1)

Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; (Pro 3:5)

Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; 'For YAH, the LORD, is my strength and song; He also has become my salvation.'" (Isa 12:2)

Trust in the LORD forever, For in YAH, the LORD, is everlasting strength. (Isa 26:4)

Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, And rely on horses, Who trust in chariots because they are many, And in horsemen because they are very strong, But who do not look to the Holy One of Israel, Nor seek the LORD! (Isa 31:1)

"Who among you fears the LORD? Who obeys the voice of His Servant? Who walks in darkness And has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD And rely upon his God. (Isa 50:10)

"For I will surely deliver you, and you shall not fall by the sword; but your life shall be as a prize to you, because you have put your trust in Me," says the LORD.'" (Jer 39:18)

The LORD is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him. (Nah 1:7)

I will leave in your midst A meek and humble people, And they shall trust in the name of the LORD. (Zep 3:12)

But I trust in the Lord that.... (Php 2:24)

No comments :

Post a Comment