Overthrow of the Devil, BIG SHOT, God's Dream, Faith, Anxiety, and Moving On

On the Cross, the devil was totally deterritorialized, disinherited, deprived, and destroyed. The crucifixion of Christ meant the judgment of the world and the overthrow of the devil. In one shot, our Lord atoned for our sins, pleased the Father, reconciled us to God, justified sinners, condemned the world and abolished the kingdom of darkness. Let's be light, walk in the light, and spread God's light in all the world!!
~Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself. (John 12:31,32)~

I sincerely believe that the word "BIG SHOT" is very sinful!
~Who says that you are any better than other people? What do you have that wasn't given to you? If you were given what you have, why are you bragging as if it weren't a gift? (1Co 4:7 GWN)~

~Every mother caressing her baby dreams big dreams for her; but, God's dreams are bigger - He made us.~
"You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!" (139:16,17)

When we are born again, God gives us a new heart; but renewing our mind, changing the way we see and think, is our responsibility. A new heart is given by God; but renewing the mind is our obligation (Ezekiel 36:26; Romans 12:2).

I think when considering boundaries we also understand that it is only through Christ that we relate - He is both the boundary and the bridge between my neighbour and me: whatever passes must pass through Him...
~ But the same Mediator who makes us individuals is also the founder of a new fellowship. He stands in the centre between my neighbour and myself. He divides, but He also unites. Thus although the direct way to our neighbour is barred, we now find the new and only real way to him—the way which passes through the Mediator.…` Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Sometimes all you need to do is to shift gear and push the accelerator..... Life also has it's difficult climbs; it's not always gear 5.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. (139:23-24)
~Many times it is our anxieties that offend God. A worrying Christian is a contradiction in terms - he who has gone through the cross and is carrying his own cross has forgotten what worry is. May the Lord help us to say "no" to anxiety and walk in the path of everlasting life every single moment of our life!~

Liberality without modesty is shame, frankness without sensitivity is violence; freedom is where love is in love with wisdom....

~The heart that says to God, "Give me this and I will be happy" has become idolatrous - it can no longer find satisfaction in God; it frets and becomes downhearted because its desires are not fulfilled; but, the heart that delights in the Lord is always fully satisfied.~
"Delight yourself also in the LORD, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." (Ps.37:4)

No comments :

Post a Comment