Holiness - Some Thoughts

There are three possibilities of holiness:
1. I am holy therefore I am holy.
2. I am holy and I maintain holiness by avoiding sin.
3. I become holy by forsaking sin and avoiding sin.

The first one is false: All have sinned
The second one is false: All have sinned
The third one is the only option left.

There are two possibilities to the third one:
1. I cleanse myself of sin and become holy.
2. I am cleansed of my sin by someone or something else.

The first one is impossible: The wages of sin is death. But, death is not a medium of cleansing; death is the consequence. Purgatory can’t save. Asceticism (suffering) can’t atone; for nothing short of death is sufficient to take away guilt.

The second one is the only option left.

There are three possibilities to the second one:
1. My sin is exchanged with someone’s holiness.
2. My sin is exchanged with something’s holiness.
3. My sin is cancelled by arbitrary decision.

The third one is impossible; for a debt cancelled only means someone else has paid for it (most probably, the creditor).
The second one is impossible because a thing cannot sanctify a person. (But a thing can be sanctified by a person).

The first one is the only option left.

There is only one possibility of the first one:
1. My sin is imputed to somebody and that person’s holiness is imputed to me.

• I am not holy because of my works; I am holy because of Christ’s blood.

His righteousness imputed to me: His obedience.
His holiness imputed to me: His anointing.

The HOLY SPIRIT is the Answer!

SANCTIFICATION IS POSITIONAL (WE ARE BORN OF HIS SPIRIT/LIVE BY THE SPIRIT – NO SIN)
SANCTIFICATION IS PRACTICAL (WE WALK IN THE SPIRIT – DAILY STRUGGLE BETWEEN FLESH AND SPIRIT:

NOT JUST LIVE A CRUCIFIED REALITY, BUT ALSO WALK IN THE FULLNESS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT)

IT’S A DAILY BATTLE. SIN CAN WEAKEN A PERSON. BUT, TRIUMPHING OVER SIN ONCE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT ONE WILL STAND THE TEST THE NEXT TIME… IN HIS OWN STRENGTH, HE CANNOT….

CAN WE TALK OF “BAPTISMS” IN THE SPIRIT…DAILY… IN A WAY THAT WE DIE DAILY THROUGH THE SPIRIT AND LIVE BY HIS POWER?

OF COURSE, TO BE BAPTISED IS A ONCE-FOR ALL EXPERIENCE; BUT, WHAT ABOUT THE DAILY EXPERIENCE.

• HOLINESS IS NOT PROGRESSIVE: THERE IS NOTHING LIKE PARTIAL… POTENTIAL HOLINESS.
• MATURITY IS PROGRESSIVE AND IT IS ABOUT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL OF DISCERNMENT REGARDING WHAT’S RIGHT AND WRONG.
• BUT, HOLINESS IS POSITIONAL AND PRACTICAL. ONE PARTICIPATES IN THE HOLINESS OF GOD AND PARTAKES OF THE HOLY DIVINE NATURE OF GOD.

……..
……..

No comments :

Post a Comment