Don't Allow the Spirit to Be Crushed by Worldly Pressures!

"The human spirit can endure a sick body, but who can bear a crushed spirit?" (Pro 18:14 NLT)

Therefore, don't allow the spirit to be crushed, no matter what. The only way for the spirit to be crushed is by allowing the physical issue to overpower it; i.e. by looking at physical well-being as evidence for spiritual well-being; but that is not the way God has made us: the body can never bear the spirit in the same way that the bridge cannot bear the cables it is suspended upon.

I know of servants of God who got crushed under pressure and lost hope and purpose in life; not that God didn't have a purpose for them; but, they allowed the physical to become so strong that their spirits were crushed. If the spirit is strong, that helps the body; but, if the body overpowers the spirit, then it becomes like a very heavy roof that overpowers the strength of the pillars and crashes upon the whole building. We know of some of these roofs that become so heavy with snow in winter that these could collapse unless people take immediate steps to remove the snow. Similarly, we must do our best to not allow what we see (or wished we saw) or what we hear or what we negatively imagine and feel to overpower our spirit. I know it is difficult; but, when we make up our mind to not fix ourselves in faith, nothing can trouble us anymore.

"But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God. (Act 20:24 NKJ)

"We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair." (2Co 4:8 NLT)

No comments :

Post a Comment